Saturday, December 10, 2005

Pompano and Mincemeat Pie

Thanksgiving's Turkey on the grill was a big success and after Wilma flooding
us out, friends and neighbors were ready for some RnR.

I was the Chef !

One of the ol' Yanky feel good foods is Mincemeat pie at holiday time, not everyone likes it
especially kids and thats ok with me.

I have to admit that I personally disposed of two Mincemeat pies over the Thanksgiving
weekend......dont know what came over me.

Todays cool front will be followed by another stronger front tomorrow night, dropping the water temps into the Pompano and Cobia inshore comfort zone.

We will be ready with Fly's and jigs for these winter visitors and the good action they promise.

Last year was unbelieveable Pompano fishing and sight casting for Cobia on the flats, following Sting Rays was a great time for both spin and fly fisherman.


Big Cobia on fly last year was close to 60 lbs and we caught many over 20 lbs.

But what I'm really looking forward to is some grilled Pompano with Key lime mustard
and Salsa relish.........with Mincemeat Pie.