Thursday, July 20, 2006

Albino Permit "This Time I Have a Witness"

I wrote some time ago about finding a Albino Permit in a school of "Floater Permit" and although we about caught every other fish in that school, we could not feed Mr Albino.

I just wanted to touch him and take his photo.

Well, It happened again, a few weeks ago we were having one of those great mornings and after three Tarpon in the air and one up to the boat to touch the Tarpon's head, we stumbled on to a very big school of a Floaters.

We managed to get close and hook two Permit right away, drifted off fought and landed both.

I came back and slid up on them again and my Sport was having trouble seeing them in the glare.
I noticed a white something at the back of the school and asked if he saw it?
At that moment I realised it was a Albino Permit, I got excited and we attemped to toss craps in his direction, this time I was going to touch the Abino!

Again and again we threw and hooked every brother and sister but the Albino never beat the others to the crab.

I lost count, I think it was 11-12 Permit landed, biggest one a Slambo of about 28lbs

But no Albino...again.

A guide pal of mine Lindsay Harper was a few hundred yards away fighting a Tarpon, I called him and said " break off that damn Tarpon and come see the Albino Permit!"

Later Lindsay did just that,saw the Albino and caught a Permit too, not my Albino!

I told him, the last time I came to the dock telling our friend Todd Bowen about the Albino Permit, Todd just laughed and accused me of "smoking something"

So next time your looking for an Albino Permit Guide call me.....